Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

White Knight wrote:
I wish there can be an airing on Halloween

Amen, Lemmy! We can only hope - in particular, so the Nemesis rubber duck can make his Halloween debut.

I've got a bit of a cold right now though, good thing I've done my shopping for this week so I'll take it easy for a while. That Lemsip I took knocked me out, for an hour or so this afternoon - but Gran said something, about drowsiness being an effect of paracetamol?

Remember I'd previously had a nasty cold on Christmas Day 2016, while in the process of my revenge on Carie. Because of previous (and, unfortunately, future...) experience, when I caught that cold... oh my god, I was so terrified mom would punish me, for being unhappy at Christmas again - far from it! She was sympathetic, and allowed me to lie down and rest while everyone else had Christmas dinner.

I think my worst cold was this one I had in Deadeye Month 2008, when I was 23 (it was definitely before Christmas, please be assured about that). My head felt so lead-heavy with the cold, it felt like I was having a hangover - and I'm teetotal and proud of it! Luckily, my ex Wayne (this was just after I got back in touch with him, btw) phoned me that night... and despite him knowing I was unwell, I gladly talked on the phone with him for a couple of hours, it kind of reassured me about keeping going with that damn cold 0:-)

Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:25 pm
Mistress 9
Saturn

Species: Senshi

I will be celebrating. I don't care what people say
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:52 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mistress 9 wrote:
I will be celebrating. I don't care what people say

I support you. Have fun!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:35 am
Zane
Hell Kaiser

Species: Human
Profession: Duelist
Bio: My life sucks at the moment but I am lucky to be alive...

I remember how I used to look for to Halloween.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:36 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Zane wrote:
I remember how I used to look for to Halloween.

Do you still celebrate as well then, Zane? Like, do you still allow for trick-or-treaters, and perhaps dress up in costume as you greet them?

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:49 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

one of my shops in town is also selling Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) candy, for Halloween! I bought a tube of it for myself when I did my shopping last week, and if possible I may get more when I do next week's shopping - it'd be cute for my trick-or-treaters.

I do sometimes watch Dia de los Muertos-themed stuff as well, except Book of Life since the hero and his ancestors don't want to be matadors (what a rude lineage, I know!) - the hero even sings an 'apology' song, to an amalgam of all the bulls his family has killed! I think Vega would be ashamed, no?

But I do like that Dia de los Muertos episode of Elena of Avalor, that was rather sweet and, yes, will contribute to my Disney binge if that comes on.

And for anyone who was looking forward to my copy of Shadow Hearts arriving in the snail mail, I can tell you it arrived today. You do have to let Yuri (the hero) get beaten in two boss fights early on in the game, but other than that I think you're fine - I'll just have to see if there are any more such boss fights, as I go along...

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:23 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:27 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

We also have a treat for the Parasite Eve fans (and of course the Square-Enix fans - yes Sephiroth, I'm talking to you!), as today I picked up Parasite Eve 2 while out shopping. Some old guy brought in a bunch of PS1 and PS2 games to be sold, as soon as he left I asked to take a look - and Parasite Eve 2 was among those games, so I snapped it right up!

Because Parasite Eve 2 is a horror game, yes I noted about me buying the game in Hsien-Ko Month Psycho

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Oh, but a little warning to anyone who hasn't yet played the Parasite Eve games: the dreaded 'mute' status ailment is present! You thus might want to snap the last boss's spinal cord...

But not to worry! At the start of the game, you can purchase a rather expensive Combat Armor at the police station's armory. As well as being anti-mute, it comes equipped with a motion detector which will increase the range on your GPS tracker.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:21 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Combat Armor is a must!
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 pm
Tetsu
Kombatant

They are having a Halloween costume contest at work
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:10 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
Combat Armor is a must!

I concur! Hmmm, perhaps we should do a post about our favourite anti-mute gear (and anti-all ailment gear, if you like) in games?

And yes, if we have any modders here... please make my little Koopa Prince happy, and make a Combat Armor mod for Chun Li in Street Fighter 4 and/or 5.

Unfortunately, disc one of Parasite Eve 2 is kind of broken, as the game froze just when I was heading up that first escalator - so as soon as I can get sufficient funds, my dad will EBay a new copy for me. Please remember, as this is a retro game... then these days that will make it tricky to get a replacement copy in the shops, receipt or no, so the best bet is to EBay if not pick up a new copy.

As I did with Shadow Hearts Covenant last month, I've saved my game up until right before it froze, in preparation for the new copy. Friend and foe alike, who else would do this?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:22 am
Green Ninja
Kombatant

Species: Reptile

Tetsu wrote:

I never bother with any contest at work because I know I would never win.
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Green Ninja wrote:
Tetsu wrote:

I never bother with any contest at work because I know I would never win.

Why not at least dress up, anyway? You could go as the unmasked Reptile, who in my opinion could class as scary - as well as to bear in mind, the mythological/supernatural elements of Mortal Kombat?

I know some peeps dress up as superheroes, pirates and so on for Halloween... but my family sticks with tradition, and we focus on the supernatural. In this sense, I suppose the white Greek dress does have a ghostly air to it, while the red dress could be construed as bloody? Yes, I also used to dress up as a black cat for Halloween parties.

Thus, inevitably my parents can see the sense, in my Halloween decorations including a Funko figurine of Count Dracula - though I haven't yet mentioned, about using my Simon and Richter amiibos as well to look like they are battling the Count; as well as me getting (if not completing) any supernatural-themed/survival horror games in Hsien-Ko Month.

Now I think about it, do we have any Shin Megami Tensei fans in the house? If so, I have two words for you: "Pyro Jack" !

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:15 am
Raven
Kombatant

Anyone dressing up as Vega?
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:56 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
Anyone dressing up as Vega?

That could be delightful!

Again, in my opinion his Halloween costume from Street Fighter 5 would make the most sense, since my family sticks with tradition and focuses primarily on the supernatural. Okay, I know there's the 'horror' costumes in Street Fighter 4 - but it's not really that cool, whereas his SF5 Halloween costume is rather splendid and smart.

Of course, I hope nobody has 'Fallen' for any poor costume choices - or else, well, Marilyn Manson will wish he had the good luck and protection of the Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie...

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:54 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Get ready for Halloween everyone
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: