RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
April is Airing Month!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

April is Airing Month!
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

April is Airing Month, in honour of the airing celebration we dedicated to the memory of our dear big boss the late, great Master Haruka.

My cats Jasmine (April 4) and Sapphire (April 10) have their birthdays this month, as did Willow (April 14-?; missing since January 28 2009); and even the twins Jenny (April ? 1997 - February 10 2014) and Zelda (April ? 1997 - January 20 2004) are Airing Month babies, we don't know their exact date of birth, but we calculate Airing Month as they were only a couple of weeks old when mom and I went to look at them.

Jenny and Zelda were actually the first time I had to have two new kittens - as if my less-than-a-year-old Simba (who was the second tabby in my family; spring 1996-?) going missing wasn't enough, Ryu subsequently had to dedicate his fight to my gray tux cat Smokey (? 1985 - April 16 1997), when mom had to make the hard decision. The airings which resulted in April being Airing Month were on the ten-year anniversary of when we lost Smokey.

My dad also has his birthday this month, his birthday is April 28 - which has been an airing day four times (in 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021), and it was unfortunately on the fourth time when I raised the alarm for my cat Yoshimoto, which could also explain my dad expressing worries for him on another of my airing days shortly thereafter. Because I was hosting an airing celebration, this meant Yoshimoto's then-'heir apparent' (and, as of his passing, his successor) must have a Capcom name - hence, that I named her Jasmine!

And on my dad's birthday last year, I officially carried out my promise of Ken mainship on Street Fighter 2 (the one without the four bosses playable) - a promise I actually made, due to a certain favour I granted to Raven during my revenge on Carie. I was hosting my first airing celebration of 2023, for three airings just after the coronation - hence my having to uphold my promise to mom, that I would get more UK flag stuff (i.e. because of Cammy!) for the coronation party she was throwing were the coronation to fall during an airing celebration!

Having done my shopping -including to buy more UK flag stuff- the day before, I went to town again on my dad's birthday. I called in a toy store in town, I'd not been in before so I wanted to take a look - and I was delighted that they were selling multi-game arcade cabinets, including a Capcom one and a Pac-Man one set up to play in-store. At the time, the Capcom one was set to Street Fighter 2 - so I picked Ken just like that!

We can also safely resume our airing prayers, we had to put these on hold when dear Jay raised the alarm for Miss Bardot. With the exception of my airings last month, I'm certain that the airings -even Santa Claude- were holding off for her, similarly to my past cats Blinky and especially Raul.

When the time comes, yes if you so wish I'll gladly use the Vega avatar on my profile - but I'm also considering the Guy avatar, on account of that we sadly lost Miss Bardot on my ninja birthday...

Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:50 am
Raven
Kombatant

Species: Human

Airing month should have lots of airings
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:48 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
Airing month should have lots of airings

Or at least an announcement, no?

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:24 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Also, unfortunately we have another criteria, to necessitate Santa Claude - mom has been threatening me with my crappy local hospital (where Carie works) again Cry

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:35 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Oh no what happened? Why the threats?
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Biyomon wrote:
Oh no what happened? Why the threats?

Thank you for your concern, Miss Biyomon. I was in a good mood especially after buying another game, and mom had to go and spoil it - lovely (!)

My local hospital is really bad, it has multiple strikes against itself - but the Mute For Coal Incident puts it over the top! So being threatened with it is one of the negative criteria to necessitate airings in my special month - we've already got my quest to gain #Justice4Kylie, after mom's blasphemy to Kylie on *gasp* Christmas Day 2021... and now this, too? Grrr, I know...

Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:02 pm
Piplup
Kombatant

Piplup
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:20 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Oh no, I may have fuggered the new laptop, thanks to a damn security check message! Could it have been a scam??

If the new laptop cannot be saved, then yes the family will sort out a new one for me - in the meantime, I'll have to stick with the 'crap' laptop, though I'll use mom's computer as well if I go over to my parents' house. Further details to follow...

And yes, I blame mom for jinxing the new laptop, because of her threatening me with my local hospital...

Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:42 am
Alexis
Kombatant

Species: Human

Is your new laptop still on warranty? It can be exchanged for a new one then
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:26 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
Is your new laptop still on warranty? It can be exchanged for a new one then

A 9-month one, yes - my dad will see what can be done about it, if not today then he'll check on Monday...

Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:19 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Rest in peace Miss Bardot. When is the next airing?
Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:28 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
Rest in peace Miss Bardot. When is the next airing?

Again... with the exception of my airings last month, I'm sure they -even Santa Claude- were holding off for Miss Bardot, and could now also be holding off while we sort out this laptop fiasco. But I hope I get something soon, and for Santa Claude to visit...

Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:47 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

update on the laptop situation: it seems the fans were running hot, which could explain the security alert thing - it wasn't a hacker scam? If nothing can be done, dad will sort out a new one for me...

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:36 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Another update: turns out that the 'security alert' could, indeed, be a virus scam (though how could that affect the fans getting hot??)? Is anyone else familiar with this?

If the new laptop cannot be saved, then dad will choose a new one, and yes my stuff will be transferred to the new one - either way, Gran will also pay for the installation of an antivirus.

The crap laptop was a Windows 7 one, the new one is Windows 10 - that's still something that I need to work around, in my own possession...

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:56 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Fans shouldn't be hot for a new computer
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:26 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
Fans shouldn't be hot for a new computer

I take it you're familiar with computers, Lemmy? But the laptop was a refurbished one - Gran and dad have bought refurbished laptops from this shop, hence Gran pointing me in that direction when my old one went mute...

Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:42 pm
Biyomon
Kombatant

Good luck fixing the computer
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:29 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Biyomon wrote:
Good luck fixing the computer

Thank you, Miss Biyomon. Wish me and my dad luck, for tomorrow!

However, dad may get a phone call from the cops soon, possibly while dealing with the laptop - one of my neighbours was found dead early this morning, hence all the cop cars and ambulances I saw when I woke up... so there is an ongoing police investigation. Among things, they may want any possible CCTV evidence from the camera on the door to my apartment - and my dad has the camera app on his phone, so he feels I did the right thing to give them his number. The investigators could see I was rather nervous about this, but they have reassured me I won't be summoned to court or anything like that...

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:16 pm
Jaden
Kombatant

Good luck

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:22 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Thank you Jaden, yes I got the new laptop back and I've had an antivirus installed. It's an annual subscription, so my dad will help take care of it for me I think?

But for those of you who may be worried, about the police investigation after one of my neighbours was found dead yesterday... I am sad to inform you, it has now been upgraded to a murder probe. My condolences to the deceased's family Cry

Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: