Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

October is Hsien-Ko Month!
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

It is now Hsien-Ko Month, the month for all things supernatural!

With Halloween at the end of the month, it's no surprise how October has always had a supernatural-themed name. I hope Soma and Sephiroth would approve, were they still around...

I spoke with my parents last night, yes they still want me going to their place for Halloween... but one of them will give me a lift home after the trick-or-treaters stop calling, so I can be home with Thunder and especially baby Jasmine. Mom used to insist on me staying with her and dad for Halloween even now, into my 30s, primarily to be safe (in part because, there's a lot of old folks on my street - hint-hint...) - and I would have stayed with them for Halloween 2019, if not for the hard decision being made for Crystal.

Gran's birthday is this month, it's on Sunday actually - but she is very aware that parties for her and the late Grandpa Ken (whose birthday was the Resident Evil 2 day, September 29) are... dangerous, for me. Even before the party just after the Mute Incident (see my 'Silence is Never Golden' article), mom threw a party for Gran and Grandpa Ken not too long before the NES War - and oh my stars, all hell broke loose when not only did mom badmouth Deadeye Duck, but there was also this huge spider in my room!

That damn party was early proof, of the obvious danger in forcing me to X situation when I am not in the right frame of mind - but sadly, for years my warnings fell on deaf ears, not least with my parents' anti-Bucky crusade then still ongoing... and my parents were frequently merciless over my upset at these situations, yes even more so were I inconsolable at one time of the year which, even when I was supposedly 'old enough' to opt out, they implied if not stated was mandatory in my family: Christmas. As always, I was forced to drill it into them 'the hard way' -_-, but negotiations by Jay Tavare six years ago were a step in the righteous direction.

Hsien-Ko Month is also sadly the anniversary of when we lost Raul Julia... and with it, the start of the NES War, which I was heartbroken to discover began on the same day as Raul's funeral. That discovery was, too, another wake-up call in my family, and certainly added to their eventual support in whenever the Rainbow Bridge security is needed - as well as the suspicions here, of Raul (and, inevitably, eventually also Dennis Hopper) watching over me as a guardian angel...

But a little heads-up, to the Soul Calibur players here: Pyrrha's birthday is revealed to be October 24, the anniversary of when we lost Raul. I actually wonder if Pyrrha could very well be a tribute to Raul, for this reason and because of her dark power...

My late cats Blinky (October 13 2002 - April 12 2012) and Crystal (October 22 2003 - November 1 2019) had their birthdays in Hsien-Ko Month, as well. I realise it's not nice, that mom made the hard decision for Crystal so soon after her birthday... but as well as for her suffering alone, please remember she was one time when the Rainbow Bridge security was needed, because of the two airings on E Honda's birthday...

It was actually on Blinky's final birthday, his ninth, when I first made my airing entrance set to The Final Countdown. That day, I'd gotten an announcement for two airings over the Armistice/Veteran's weekend that year - so after a year of practicing, I could at last make my airing entrance for real. Inevitably, Roy was very proud of me for this - so much, at one point he even messaged me on Facebook, to ask how the preparations were going.

I don't have any special dates this month, unless of course any airings are announced. But of course, the supernatural theme of this month may limit one or two of my game choices Laughing

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:45 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Happy birthday to your gran
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:11 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
Happy birthday to your gran

Awww, that's sweet of you Lemmy 0:-)

Gran was sympathetic, about her old birthday parties being negative for me - including about how I lived the 'Granny' scene from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, at her party just after the Mute Incident.

Mom and I are also talking about going to Liverpool, at one point - don't yet know when, though. I explained to her about the Disney shop there, and how you can only get Disney Christmas ornaments like I have from a proper Disney shop - they're not the sort of cheap stuff you can get, like from that Christmas warehouse she took me to just before Halloween last year. She was especially understanding, about her own insistence on my kitty's name obviously causing me to particularly look for a Princess Jasmine ornament - and that's before we consider, that my kitty Jasmine is herself from Liverpool; and about Liverpool being our last main bet to find a copy of Ultra Street Fighter 2 in the shops, otherwise we'll have to EBay for it if we don't find it by the time we start praying to Santa Claude.

But if we go before Halloween, then yes I'd like to look at more potential Halloween stuff as well. Mom really loves Hocus Pocus, so I'm open to options on Hocus Pocus-themed Halloween decorations.

Of course, because Capcom made one or two Disney games, and yes Ming-Na voiced Mulan... then certain decorations -including Princess Jasmine, yes- will be exclusive for airing celebration only, including that the respective Christmas decorations would be exclusive for if Santa Claude comes to town. Empty Street Fighter mug boxes at the ready! Happy

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:25 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Last Quincy
Kombatant

Species: Human

Halloween will probably be cancelled again this year due to obvious reasons
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:59 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Last Quincy wrote:
Halloween will probably be cancelled again this year due to obvious reasons

Doesn't mean peeps can't have their own Halloweens at home, or drive around on a 'pumpkin trail' instead of trick-or-treating...

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:16 am
Raven
Kombatant

Happy birthday Gran
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:32 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
Happy birthday Gran

awwww, that's sweet of you Raven 0:-)

I accidentally bought a foreign (possibly American?) import of the NES game Chip 'N' Dale Rescue Rangers, while out shopping yesterday. That would explain why it wouldn't work, and I'll have to look for another copy -_-

But I still have use for it! It's one of the Disney games made by Capcom, so yes that does mean any Chip and Dale (whether themselves, or in their Rescue Rangers attire) ornaments I buy are exclusive for Santa Claude - so I've put it in one of my empty Street Fighter mug boxes, which I will also use to store any Chip and Dale ornaments.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:29 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Any airings this month?
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:26 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
Any airings this month?

Not as far as I know, sadly...

But in case anyone doesn't know, Facebook is currently down. Have any of the other Facebook users here had this trouble too?

Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:56 pm
Biyomon
Kombatant

Happy belated birthday for Gran
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:47 pm
Piplup
Kombatant

Piplup
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:40 pm
RD Archfiend
Kombatant

Species: Duel Monster Spirit

People addicted to social media must have went crazy
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:22 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/oct/06/charity-costumes-sf5-cancer-research/

Fancy doing your bit for charity? From October 12 to November 12, on Street Fighter 5 you can get exclusive pink costumes for Ryu and Chun Li (nothing for Dan though, sorry...) - and all proceeds will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

What exactly are the costumes supposed to be, though - is it like suits of armour...?

Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:42 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Hope the characters can help promote the charity events
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:04 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Neo Senshi wrote:
Hope the characters can help promote the charity events

I think that's the plan, for these costumes?

And I was speaking with mom today, about other potential Disney names from any of the Disney games made by Capcom which would have befitted my now-six-month-old kitty. Even any of the female names mentioned in the questions on Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (a Capcom masterpiece set in the Disneyland theme park!) would have sufficed, such as Mary (there are one or two questions about Mary Poppins) - or more likely Cinderella, because of the full title of one of the Vega saga episodes in Street Fighter II V.

But we're all in agreement, that it was meant to be for me to name her Jasmine - that is, because of me seeing that copy of the Aladdin game, when mom and I went shopping on the day before we put Yoshimoto in care. And she's certainly a princess, too!

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:27 pm
Andy
Kombatant

No Dan costumes?
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:21 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Andy wrote:
No Dan costumes?

Sadly, no. But if anyone here does mods, can you please do Andy a favour, and make a Breast Cancer Research Foundation charity pink costume mod for Dan?

And with it being Hsien-Ko Month, I wonder if my cat Jenny will haunt my parents' garden this Halloween?? Perhaps she'll bring her twin sister Zelda, and even Crystal (who was Zelda's successor) - she may want to meet Sapphire, who we had a year after we lost Jenny...

The thing is, mom was recently forced to exhume Jenny. My parents have been doing work on their garden, including that mom wants to move dad's Jacuzzi hot-tub to Jenny's original tomb (where mom and Donut Lord buried her, after we lost her in Ken Month 2014) - but when mom dug the place up, much to her surprise Jenny was still there! So mom had to exhume her, and re-bury her under a magnolia tree at the back of the garden - when Jenny was still with us, she loved watching the birds gather at the bird table, so rest assured her new tomb still has a good view of the bird table.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 am
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:17 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

mom finally decided to go to the Christmas warehouse shop this afternoon, to get a new Nativity scene (remember, the Nativity figurines she used for years are actually mine) - and especially because my sister-in-law and my niece were visiting again, she took all of us and my dad with her as well. She did find herself a Nativity scene... but she also bought me a beautiful ornament designed like one of those lucky Chinese cats, with the nodding paw. It was so beautiful, I just HAD to have one!

Because of the lucky cat being part of Chinese culture, yes my new ornament is exclusive only for if Santa Claude comes to town - so let's hope my ornament can make its debut this year!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: