Kombatant

Anyone still planning to celebrate Halloween this year? I know I am
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:48 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Yes, even if another lockdown is enforced we can still celebrate Halloween at home. Perhaps we can use this thread to share ideas, if it comes to that?

But mom feels certain, yes the trick-or-treaters will be out in full force - so we can surely bring out the usual shitload of decorations I have! "Of COURSE!", if airings are imminent then that too may determine one or two choices, including the Nemesis rubber duck making a Halloween debut.

And who else here dresses up at home? I plan to wear my red airing dress, which I suppose could be Halloween-ish due to, ahem, what Vega compares to red wine.

And let's not forget spooky video games, or games with any supernatural-themed areas and/or characters! This was taken into account, for all month names for October - including our agreement to dub it as Hsien-Ko Month.

In case anyone asks about Skull Man, the skeletal robot from Mega Man 4 (which I bought last week!)... just to let you know, he is my eighth choice on that game, both normally and in the teleporter hatches. No prizes for guessing why I like to defeat Toad Man first! And I suppose the mummy robots on Pharaoh Man's stage (Pharaoh Man being my third choice, by the way) would qualify too, no?

Oh yes, I am also aware that there is to be a new Addams Family movie coming out! I can't guarantee anything, but should I ask my dad to download it for us to watch on Halloween?

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:27 pm
Piplup
Kombatant

Piplup
Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:40 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

oh, do we have any Bloody Roar players in the house? I ask because, I bought Bloody Roar 2 while out shopping yesterday... and after careful thinking, my main will be Jenny the bat girl. Very fitting, that I should buy the game in Hsien-Ko Month and I main someone who can transform into a bat, I know Laughing

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:22 am
RD Archfiend
Kombatant

Species: Duel Monster Spirit

Probably only at work
Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:22 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

RD Archfiend wrote:
Probably only at work

I'm glad to know, many workplaces will allow peeps to hang up Halloween decorations. Is your workplace one of them, RD?

Remember, I had my 2013 tooth surgery at Liverpool on Halloween that year (and I didn't mind that one bit, it was like taking care of the very tasteful trick before I have the treat LOL) - and the lady at the tuck shop was wearing a devil horns hairband, so I'm guessing more workplaces and even governments are allowing these privileges. When I was in school, they refused to hang up Halloween decorations or do anything for Halloween, just because it isn't a Christian celebration - basically, they were primarily (if not entirely) Bible-thumpers, as well as even a number of my teachers being assholes especially toward me. Pathetic, I know!

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:10 am
Gin
Kombatant

Species: Soul Reaper
Profession: Super Nerd

I'd prefer a con
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Gin wrote:
I'd prefer a con

Hmmm, I think a lot of peeps might - but I think the world is still being... cautious, even on that front. One of my local colleges hosts comic-cons, actually - but I've not been to one, either it's because they're usually held at weekends (in which case, I'd be home gaming and/or playing with my cats), and/or because I'm too busy shopping...

Do we have any Galerians fans in the house? I bought that game, while shopping on Monday - and I was surprised to find out it's survival horror. From what little I've seen thus far, I was like "It looks fuck-all like survival horror - more like action RPG, I mean those evil scientists chasing after me can't possibly be scary...".

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:34 pm
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Don't have to dress up to celebrate and I will be celebrating Halloween with some shopping
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Neo Senshi wrote:
Don't have to dress up to celebrate and I will be celebrating Halloween with some shopping

That's true, but it's still nice to dress up 0:-)

And I have been shopping on past Halloweens - and if possible, yes I'll make sure my friends in town play some spooky music. Blissfully unaware about Crystal (my parents only informed me of them making the hard decision, when I arrived at theirs that evening for Halloween), I called in town on Halloween 2019... and the staff at Roy's shop were more than happy to play both the Addams Family theme, and the Addams Groove. ...Well, and indeed forcing us to 'hurry up' about Crystal, don't forget I had two airings on E Honda's birthday...

But Halloween is on a Sunday this year, so I dunno what shops will be open then. I plan to go shopping that week, most likely on the Friday or the Saturday, but yes that also depends on whether or not I have any airings at that time...

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:18 am
Green Ninja
Kombatant

Species: Reptile

Gin wrote:
I'd prefer a con

I would prefer that too. No one laughs at adults for dressing up in costumes as everyone is all ready in costume for the events
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:49 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Green Ninja wrote:
Gin wrote:
I'd prefer a con

I would prefer that too. No one laughs at adults for dressing up in costumes as everyone is all ready in costume for the events

That's not entirely true - I have seen some adults dress up, when they take the kids trick-or-treating. There was one lady dressed as Cruella De Vil!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:25 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

I love Halloween especially the candy
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:12 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
I love Halloween especially the candy

Oh, who doesn't? Even when I had that tooth surgery in Liverpool, Avril (the dentist) had no gripes about me enjoying just a little candy left over after the trick-or-treaters stop calling - let alone about me saying I particularly enjoy jelly rings, followed closely by sherbet saucers.

In fact, why not get yourself some of those Super Mario Maker candy-making kits? I bought one last month, and I love it!

Now, when I bought that Super Mario Maker candy kit... another purchase I made was the creepy game Shadow Hearts Covenant, for the PS2. I thought I'd better give it a do-over, as among other things I don't think I got all of Anastasia's summoning photographs? Unfortunately, the game froze after I beat the second boss (so apologies to the arachnophobes and/or Ryu fans here...) - so I had to EBay for another copy, which thankfully works fine. I didn't even mind, that it came in a German case!

But I'd love to get the first Shadow Hearts as well - both for the sake of it, and if you have a save file for it, then you get the Mr Matador stud card in Gepetto's apartment (instead of having to wait until you find it, when you arrive in Florence) as well as the Mr Sommelier stud card. ...Uhm... let's just say, I know Slasher would support my wishes...

As for Shadow Hearts: From The New World (which is the third in the series), yes I want that too - so fingers crossed, no?

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:03 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Halloween is fun for all ages
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Tetsu
Kombatant

Species: Human

Not this year for me
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:13 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:
Halloween is fun for all ages

You are not wrong. Even seeing all the trick-or-treaters in their costumes is still fun, no?

And this is probably a daft question, but would the Mario fans here spend Halloween going through a lot of the ghost house levels on the Mario games? For example, have some mates over for a Mario Kart 8 race on the Twisted Mansion track!

Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:59 pm
Andy
Kombatant

Species: Human

My neighbors like to decorate their lawn for Halloween. It looks really cool
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:20 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Andy wrote:
My neighbors like to decorate their lawn for Halloween. It looks really cool

That does sound pretty awesome! I'm guessing it's popular in the neighbourhood?

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:51 am
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:17 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: