RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
November is Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

November is Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month!
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

November is Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month, in honour of everyone's favourite counter-hex!

The Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie earned its status as a counter-hex purely by chance, in 2015. Much to my horror, the anti-airing hex cast by one person on my 'ignore' list around or before when I was scared off shockingly came true on November 14 that year - indeed adding to my disgust at certain hate crime against myself. I alerted Setsuna of this chilling development, and she was very sorry to hear.

However, a couple of days later... the news of a promised second screening of the Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month (i.e. after I was first surprised with it in Bully Koopa Month that year, with a promised second screening for 'near Xmas time') was confirmed, for November 24. Whispers were abound, of it potentially being a counter-hex - and when I pitched the idea to Setsuna, she gave her blessing on that, inevitably adding how a certain scene "That wasn't very nice of Chun Li".

I am aware, that a second hex was cast against me - but too late, as I have the good luck and protection of the Animated Movie!

Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month also sees the anniversary of when I barely won the NES War. Indeed, I felt rejuvenated, revived when I won - albeit, it did indeed leave a few blatantly obvious scars, one of which my parents were at least willing to soften when I dropped the bombshell of the NES War being at fault for that.

But when I heard about Raul Julia, my heart turned to ice - to think someone deeply involved with what I was banned from was also taken away from me, it really tore at me, I felt a part of me died with him! I had no choice, but to take my fight for all I hold dear, well, to the street - and even my ex Wayne (the one who can do Vega's yodel) kindly joked about me "Taking the fight to the Street Fighter", during the events resulting in my enforcing the Street Fighter mandate!

Despite my then not yet dropping the bombshell about Raul and me, I note how victory was increasingly on my side since I heard about him - my parents realised and rectified more of their deadly mistakes, which was just as well when we learned a shock criminal truth about the wicked gay couple I have often mentioned, not least as I fear I may have unknowingly been one of their victims back in 1996.

But most importantly this month... we 'officially' begin our prayers to Santa Claude! The prayers will begin on my late cat Yoshimoto's birthday, November 13.

Mom is planning to do her Christmas tree on the first weekend in Deadeye Month/Spanish Deadeye Month (delete as applicable), and get my 1-year-old niece involved with the magic (or however mom put it) - but she acknowledges that we first need to know the verdict from Santa Claude, so we'll wait for that before we make the final verdict...

Speaking of our prayers to Santa Claude... again, with preparations for Christmas starting to peak now Halloween is over, in my view Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie Month is, itself, the start of "Keep the change, ya filthy animal!" season Laughing

Yes, I have seen the good old Home Alone movies - I even picked up a game about Home Alone 2, while out shopping last week. I jokingly realised, I should have waited until today to at least think about buying it - but due to a spike in cases, there are plans to reinforce restrictions again. Yes, there are still some major Covidiots in my region - I wonder if some of them actually think not only "Fuck the law, let's go to the nightclubs now they can reopen..."... but also "Oh, I know causing a lockdown and preventing people from going to their beloved game shops and stuff will upset everyone - so let's do it all the more! Let's go out without wearing face masks - and bonus points to anyone who coughs and/or spits at people, if not cause them to 'test positive'!" Who in the right mind would allow and condone bullying, not least as one can now get arrested for deliberate coughing and/or spitting (i.e. because of the pandemic)??

I have been preparing myself in my mind, for if another lockdown is enforced. If I cannot go games shopping to my local town, I would gladly settle for going to a nearby shopping precinct to buy food and stuff (and bath bombs, if those aren't restricted) - hell, I have previously gone food shopping on I think my 32nd birthday...

But other than that, if all goes well then in this month if not Deadeye/Spanish Deadeye Month as well... yes, I can go to my local town for my fortnightly grocery shopping, and thus also a spot of games shopping at the same time - and of course Christmas shopping. The next pandemic review is the week after next - so thus far, I can still go to my local town for my shopping next week...

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:54 am
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Species: Human
Profession: Queer

November. Gotta start the gift shopping soon

Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:55 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

I love this month. Only one more before Deadeye month
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
I love this month. Only one more before Deadeye month

Same here! One month left, before Ibuki's Law once again comes into effect 0:-)

Now, with my recent EBaying for the first two Shadow Hearts games... I'm sure questions may arise, about getting Shadow Hearts: From The New World. Well, I can answer that question! Gran is getting me that game, for Christmas or my birthday. I might as well have the whole trilogy, no?

I found an unboxed copy on EBay, so Gran was willing to splash out for that - but there was also the question, of preparing an empty case for it. As luck would have it, the only case I have spare has a few Street Fighter cutouts sellotaped inside (I think this could have been the one I used, for my unboxed copy of Haunting Ground?) - so if you look at it this way, to an extent Gran is still contributing to the Street Fighter mandate 0:-) As for exterior decoration, well you know those stick-on jewels you can sometimes buy? I have a pack of those, a pack of faux sapphires which I bought at one of my local minimarts (I think as an airing gift, for my previous celebration?).

And in case anyone asks about me getting the PS1 game Koudelka (which is a prequel to the first Shadow Hearts)... well, I'll simply look for that in the shops, but only EBay for it in case of emergency (i.e. in case the one I find in the shops doesn't work)...

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:23 am
Raven
Kombatant

When will there be airings?
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:05 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
When will there be airings?

You're telling me...

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:44 am
Mod Soul
Kombatant

I hope there will be airings for next month
Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:15 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mod Soul wrote:
I hope there will be airings for next month

Well, Yoshimoto's birthday is one week on Saturday - so as always, we shall 'officially' begin our prayers to Santa Claude then.

And today marks 27 years since I won the NES War! Indeed, the NES War itself left some blatantly obvious scars... but none more painful, than knowing it began on the same day as Raul Julia's funeral...

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:48 am
Green Ninja
Kombatant

Species: Reptile

Happy 27th
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:08 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

I must have been psychic, with my choice of avatar! The new Mortal Kombat movie premieres on Sky today - so the classic one is on TV today, as well Happy

Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:11 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Happy victory anniversary
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:28 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:
Happy victory anniversary

Awww, thanks Biyomon. That means a lot to me 0:-)

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:54 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Happy anniversary princess
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:04 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
Happy anniversary princess

Awww, thanks Lemmy 0:-)

And don't forget guys, Saturday is when we begin our prayers to Santa Claude! I will of course start the usual prayer thread, unless any of y'all want to start it for me?

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:28 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

oh, it turns out a new costume was released for Ken back in Balrog Bashing Month! He has a costume as Falcon, from Power Stone.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:10 pm
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Your month is going well?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:09 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Limey Man wrote:
Your month is going well?

So far so good, but don't forget December is my special month!

I'm doing fine on Parasite Eve 2, I might start again though after finding I work best with (what a surprise) rapidfire weapons. And with the lipstick being an anti-mute accessory, I might go for some form of anti-paralysis armor? Paralysis is the second-most annoying ailment (the worst being mute, duh), in that game LOL

But speaking of my special month... before certain people 'judge too harshly', please remember it's not safe for me to spend Christmas Day with my family anymore, unless certain goodwill changes can be made - which, sadly, I highly doubt. Why, one recent argument with my parents was like a 'censored' version of Kano's "PASS ME A FUCKING EGG ROLL!" scene, in the Mortal Kombat reboot - so god help me, if that happened on Christmas Day!

Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:29 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

I hope your family behaves this Christmas
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:19 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:
I hope your family behaves this Christmas

Thank you very much, Biyomon. I appreciate that.

I think the only time they did behave, had I reason to be upset over Christmas... was with the end-of-life care for my cat Raul (May 16 2003 - January 7 2018), who yes I named after Raul Julia. From experience, I did panic, as his illness lasted even into December 1 2017 - but thankfully, my parents were not pissed in the slightest! They knew I couldn't stop thinking about my sick cat, but over that fragile Deadeye Month they still kept me going with this family's usual Christmas traditions - the Lego Vega stage being the highlight thereof.

And what -or rather, who- was the end result, of my family's goodwill over that fragile Deadeye Month? Yoshimoto, that's who! He was the only one available in Vega Month 2018, when just as I suspected we did have to talk kittens - but yes, he was still very cute and sweet, even if he was shy of anyone but me.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:19 am
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

No one needs fights on holidays that are supposed to be special

Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: