RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
'Street Fighter baby' airing rule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

'Street Fighter baby' airing rule
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

For anyone who wishes to follow my rule, of bestowing Capcom names to any new pets or arrivals, your team in some games etc. especially if you do so during an airing celebration… then yes please do, as long as it's tasteful and not to bully me (you know the sort of thing I mean...). I will gladly make suggestions, if you cannot decide.

After much thought, I have affectionately dubbed this rule as the 'Street Fighter baby' rule - after mom's response of "Street Fighter baby!", to me revealing that my niece was born on an airing day, and within the final countdown to another airing the very next day.

As well as how I usually pick the team name 'Team Shadaloo' in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (I have had some of these games as airing gifts, in the past) and in Etrian Odyssey (I had all three games for the DS as airing gifts, in fact for my revenge on Carie), and it's just as well I make myself as a custom character in games (my real name Natalie and even my 'Deadeye' pseudonym are Capcom names, thanks to Monster Hunter!)… three of my cats fell under the 'Street Fighter baby' rule:

-Despite my not yet making the rule until seven years later, in White Cape Month 2012 my parents surprised me with a very special airing gift: Jasper (shares his name with a Dead Rising character)!

-Thunder (named after T Hawk) is the 'official' origin of the rule. When Mel took ill, we had to carry out the Rainbow Bridge airing security - I had two airings a couple of days after we lost him, meaning the final countdown was by the time my parents were en route to the airport if not already there (they jetted off, on the day after we lost Mel); and I think the biggest reason why my dad stepped in to vet him, could be because of the airings on the Grandpa Ken anniversary.

But when my parents came to check on Mel, on his penultimate night... also because of the airings, I felt that if indeed I need a new kitten, then he or she ought to have a Capcom name. Until I settled on 'Thunder' (on account of T Hawk revealing himself to be of the Cherokee tribe, in the movie - hence 'Cherokee' by Europe being our Jay-protecting anthem), I liked 'Fiona' (after the Haunting Ground protagonist; I only gave that creepy game a chance, because of Cammy's Fiona costume in Street Fighter 5) for a girl, or 'Vergil' (this was during the quest to unlock Cody's Vergil costume) for a boy - and I still liked my boy option anyway, so that became Thunder's middle name.

His full name Thunder Vergil Farrell did result in a few 'Thunderbirds' jokes from my parents and even Donut Lord, obviously because they assumed it may be after Virgil Tracy - but Donut Lord almost instantly got it about Thunder's middle name, in his own words "It's not after Devil May Cry's brother, is it?" LOL

-And let's not forget baby Jasmine (Capcom made the Aladdin SNES game)! The Rainbow Bridge security came into effect once again last year, when Yoshimoto took ill in mid-Airing Month. There were a few airings while we looked after him, including the rather special one on Star Wars Day last year - though in particular, it was the airing on May 11 which would force us (no Star Wars pun intended) to hurry up.

But again, you know what that means, for if a successor was to be appointed during my special occasion! I renewed my keenness on 'Fiona' for a girl, and this time my top-choice boy name was 'Dante' (particularly, because Gran has bought me these black pouches with the name 'Dante' in gold on them).

But even other franchises Capcom have made games about will suffice, such as, say, Disney (and who can say no, to a bit of Disney?). When mom found me a beautiful ragdoll baby girl, her keenness on a princess name caused her to reject my preference for 'Fiona' (she thought it was after the princess from Shrek! LOL), and after I instead suggested 'Ohatsu' (after a real life Japanese princess, who herself is playable in Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams) mom said she thinks it should be a Disney Princess. I instantly responded with "Mulan!", as I felt that would be a fair Cap-compromise yes because Ming-Na (Chun Li) voices the character. But when mom casually suggested 'Jasmine'... I almost instantly remembered Capcom made the Aladdin SNES game which, coincidentally, I saw a copy of at one of my local game shops, when mom and I went shopping on the day before we surrendered Yoshimoto, so I accepted mom's suggestion! And yes, cue the inevitable Disney binge - I even suspect that it must be fate, how I had a Princess Jasmine toy in one of my Kinder eggs that Easter.

And bearing in mind mom's Disney preference... yes, I would have considered 'Roshan' or 'Wes' for a boy, because Roshan Seth (Dhalsim) and Wes Studi (Sagat) have their own Disney roles too.

Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:02 am
Chatot
Kombatant

Chatot
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:18 pm
Alexis
Kombatant

Species: Human

If I were to get a new pet I would also use a Street Fighter related name. Good rules
Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:47 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
If I were to get a new pet I would also use a Street Fighter related name. Good rules

Any particular name, or do you need my pearls of wisdom? And the rule is not strictly limited to Street Fighter characters, but any Capcom characters or even moves, weapons etc. - Vega's Rolling Crystal Flash move would be good news for Zane, as he was a fan of my cat Crystal (he said he's never seen such a pampered Persian princess!), so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a Persian cat named Crystal after her.

Again, though... I would only bestow Capcom names should I have the pet as an airing gift, hence the 'Street Fighter baby' terminology.

Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:12 pm
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Make this a golden rule too
Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:12 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
Make this a golden rule too

Oh trust me, Mod Soul - it is a golden rule! It counts as Capcom appreciation, which itself is another key airing tradition 0:-)

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:44 pm
Gin
Kombatant

Species: Soul Reaper
Profession: Super Nerd

It is more common than you think to name a pet after a favorite video game theme
Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:29 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Gin wrote:
It is more common than you think to name a pet after a favorite video game theme

I realise it may be pretty common LOL . Hell, I only named my past cat Zelda, because mom bought me the original Legend of Zelda game - she wasn't keen on Donut Lord's choice of 'Gemma', after his then-girlfriend 0:-)

Speaking of which, yes the name 'Zelda' qualifies for the Street Fighter baby rule, because of the Zelda games which Capcom helped to make.

Thing is, Gin, some hater comments seemed to imply, that I disacknowledge Capcom whenever I speak of Street Fighter and especially of Vega - I think we can all agree that's bullshit! Why do you think, just last year... as well as my Street Fighter USB light, I also EBayed for one designed like the Capcom logo and another with Mega Man's face on it, and I bought two designed like the Umbrella Corp. logo? I have a total of five USB slots (on both my PS2, and my lap-top) - so I might as well have a second Umbrella one, until I can find some other Capcom-themed USB...

Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:24 am
Kisara
Convention seeker

So many people must have Ryu related names for their pets

Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:15 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Kisara wrote:
So many people must have Ryu related names for their pets

Don't go giving the Vega fans ideas, when it comes to frogs and toads Laughing

But actually, I suppose I could consider 'Ryu' for any of my dragons on the How To Train Your Dragon game, especially as I had that game for one of my Santa Claude visits (2020, I think?) 0:-)

Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:26 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:55 pm
Tetsu
Kombatant

I have a friend who used to name his dog Mega Man
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:12 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Tetsu wrote:
I have a friend who used to name his dog Mega Man

Nice! Did you see the video years ago, about that fan who dressed his kids up as Mega Man and Proto Man and himself as Dr Light for Halloween? Guest starring the family dog as Rush!

Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:40 am
Alexis
Kombatant

If I had a cat I would name him or call Matador
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:13 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Alexis wrote:
If I had a cat I would name him or call Matador

Didn't one of my friends who got banned have a guinea pig, by that name?

And as well as because Vega is himself a matador, don't forget Dante (from Devil May Cry) was in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (AKA Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call in my region), so that game is part-Capcom.

I mention said game, because it includes my favourite demon in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise: the Matador demon! Oh my stars, my face just lit up on my first encounter with him!

Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:16 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:47 pm
Raven
Kombatant

How about naming a cat as Splendid Claw?
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:06 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Raven wrote:
How about naming a cat as Splendid Claw?

Nice! Dunno what mom would think about it, though...

But I can say, your name qualifies for the Street Fighter baby rule, as a gender-neutral name! Unfortunately, as you know your Tekken namesake is on the Street Fighter X Tekken roster - and for some reason, he and Yoshimitsu (not to be confused with the name 'Yoshimoto') were chosen as the rivals for Vega and that scum Balrog. But there is another male named Raven, in Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance (which Capcom made).

Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:03 am
Andy
Kombatant

Sailor is a good name for a happy golden retriever
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Andy wrote:
Sailor is a good name for a happy golden retriever

Hmmm, I suppose...

But I can also says, thanks to Capcom 'Haruka' is another suitable name, for the Street Fighter baby rule! There is a girl named Haruka, in the first Okami - so if anyone suggested I name my cats in memory of our dear big boss Master Haruka, well that option is only open if the feline is another Street Fighter baby.

Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:46 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: