RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
Is Chun Li or Juri the most righteous?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Is Chun Li or Juri the most righteous?

Which flag should first fly atop of the Righteous Indignation??
China!
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Korea!
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Just this evening, I have learned that Neal Adams (the head of Continuity Studios, the company behind the Bucky O'Hare comics) passed away on my dad's birthday. This is especially sad, due to my having just marked 30 years as a Bucky fan. RIP Neal Adams June 15 1941 - April 28 2022 Cry

As luck would have it... I can't promise anything (I still need to test them out!), but we are in for a treat, which if yes will certainly further our hopes that I soon have airings (if not a Santa Claude visit): I have found two more translations for the Bucky O'Hare NES game - this time, one in Chinese and another in Korean! I still need to test them out, hence how I can't promise anything... but if it's successful, then yes these will be the first two games I complete when I next host an airing celebration.

But... which flag do you think should first fly atop of the Righteous Indignation? Naturally, I am taking it to a vote, like I did when I completed the Swedish and Russian versions six years ago next week (thank you again to Setsuna, for when she voted for the Swedish version to go first). I will take votes in real life as well, so I will tally up all of yours along with the votes in real life - and again if it's a yes, whichever has the most votes when the time comes will go first, and the one with less votes second. Thank you again, to all who cast a vote!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm
Raven
Kombatant

Species: Human

Rest in peace
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Awwww, that was very sweet of you, especially as Neal was somewhat responsible for y'all having a leader in the first place 0:-)

So which one did you vote for? And if I'm right, in guessing James cast the other vote... thank you very much, that was sweet of you too.

I can tell you, the Korean version is leading thus far. For the sake of voting in the poll, I myself cast the other vote for the Chinese version - but unless I hear otherwise, it looks like the Korean flag may first fly atop of the Righteous Indignation!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:37 am
Kisara
Convention seeker

I much more familiar with Chun-Li than Juri

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:45 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Kisara wrote:
I much more familiar with Chun-Li than Juri

I suppose that would make sense, not unlike our being more familiar with Dr Wily than Frank West as seen in that other poll I did.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking! Another reason why I chose the title is, if I get an announcement (again, for airings at any time if not Santa Claude) by the end of the year... then I will certainly consider Chun Li or Juri -depending on which version of the Bucky O'Hare NES game gets the most votes, naturally- for this year's Street Fighter mandate as well.

I am actually considering the Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li hardback (or at least, any variant of issue 4?) for this year, yes because of Cammy's appearance at the end of the story. But I am looking at my options for both Chun Li and Juri, yes also primarily focused on Udon's Street Fighter work.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:31 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Fly Chun-Li's flag first
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:24 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Biyomon wrote:
Fly Chun-Li's flag first

Well the latest update is, it seems the Chinese flag will fly first - but we'll see what happens when it's time! And yes, I am indeed considering tie-breaker options, if it comes to that.

I say about the flags flying, as I considered a similar notion with the Swedish and Russian versions of the Bucky game - including to say the flag fluttered, yes as a signal to say I had completed the game. In the case of the Swedish and Russian versions, which were the first two achievements for my airing celebration when we lost Grandpa Ken... the Swedish flag fluttered at around a quarter or ten to midnight on August 25 2016, and the Russian flag fluttered at around 1:20 a.m. on August 26 2016.

Oh my stars, right after the Russian flag fluttered... I remember I was checking my Facebook, and mom was online so I said hi... and she was surprised at me being awake so early, so I had to remind her about the Swedish and Russian Bucky O'Hare games.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:53 pm
Kunzite
Dark Kingdom Assassin

Chun-Li will always win against Juri.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:12 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Kunzite wrote:
Chun-Li will always win against Juri.

Kunzite! The boss man!

Yes, you do make a good point - but remember, this post isn't specifically for a Chun Li VS Juri fight.

However... whichever version wins, then yes I am considering giving Chun Li or Juri a mention for the respective year's Street Fighter mandate (if not this year). Keep in mind, though... that the need for Cammy to take the festive spotlight for a while may determine our choices...

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:28 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

I vote Chun-Li!
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:51 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
I vote Chun-Li!

I knew you would Chun-Li

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:24 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Profession: Queer

Personality wise Chun-Li is better too

Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:04 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Limey Man wrote:
Personality wise Chun-Li is better too

Not much of a Juri fan, I take it? I did try her in Super Street Fighter 4, she's all right but not someone I'd use in the long term...

Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:00 pm
Mod Soul
Kombatant

I hope there can be an airing soon so you can fly those flags
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:34 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Mod Soul wrote:
I hope there can be an airing soon so you can fly those flags

Amen, sister! And I've tested out both versions of the game, they work fine so it's a yes about them being in line for airings.

A little warning, though, to anyone who tries the Chinese version: I'm guessing it's one of those super-pirated versions (no Duck pun intended), because even the normal mode automatically goes into hard mode. The Korean, Swedish and Russian versions were also pirated, but strangely remain unaffected.

The hard mode was designed as an anti-piracy measure, designed to put people off from playing pirated versions of the game (yeah right, I know!) - which would explain why we could never find the Bucky O'Hare NES game on any of those multi-carts I bought, while on vacation to Lanzarote. However... for the sake of it, the hard mode was still included as a hidden bonus in genuine copies of the game - enter H-A-R-D-! as your password, if you're up for one of the challenges of a lifetime.

In fact, and I can't promise anything on that either... if my guess is correct, then there is a slight chance that I could indeed have a Spanish Deadeye Month this year. While 5Action was still under its 'Paramount Network' branding, I learned it had two airings booked for early Vega Month - one on January 3, and another on January 8 (my wedding anniversary with Vega, in my fics!). This was my third case, of an announcement in a plain old Deadeye Month for airings in the subsequent Vega Month.

Strangely, though... the TV listings did not immediately mention about the airing booked for January 8. I thought this may be due to the channel rebranding as 5Action as of January 19, and maybe they were preparing for that with a few blasphemous side-effects, though thankfully not a hex since the airing on January 3 still took place - but in the final countdown to the airing on January 8, mom phoned to say the airing was still happening. Thank god!

Then, near the end of Bully Koopa Month, I had the announcement for my airings on July 6 and July 10. I knew 5Action would grant me airings, now it was under its new rebranding!

I still theorise, mind... that those airings could have been because of Resident Evil: Welcome To Raccoon City being premiered on Sky, inevitably prompting a marathon of some of the other Resident Evil movies as well - and as if fate would have it no other way, my airing gifts included the only Resident Evil games I was missing for the PS1. One Capcom franchise for another, y'know?

So, I'm guessing 5Action may like do airings every six months or thereabouts - so you never know! There is a chance that they could very well summon Santa Claude, so be alert - especially as of Yoshimoto's birthday, naturally!

That, and of course I named such exclusive Decembers as 'Spanish Deadeye Month' after the Spanish Duck figure, who himself I had for Christmas 2015 - like how such terminologies as 'Thai Deadeye Month', 'Mexican Deadeye Month', 'Japanese Deadeye Month' etc. may have been implemented if applicable. Being a Bucky O'Hare fan, I have frequently brought a whole new meaning to my special month being a time to be righteous - so who knows...

Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:20 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

I hope there can be a Spanish Deadeye month. Koopa all over will be so happy
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:51 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
I hope there can be a Spanish Deadeye month. Koopa all over will be so happy

Awww, thanks for that Lemmy. Again, I can't guarantee I'll complete the Chinese and Korean Bucky O'Hare games for it, assuming I get any old airings before I finally have a Spanish Deadeye Month - but you never know!

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:17 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Vote for Chun-Li
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:09 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
Vote for Chun-Li

At the rate we're going, it seems you may get your wish. Over here in real life, just yesterday I had six more votes for the Chinese version!

Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:20 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: