RegisterFAQCalendarLog in
Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Bucky O'Hare NES game (inc. translated versions)
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

http://nesninja.com/game/nes/bucky-ohare/roms

For anyone who wishes to play the NES game which kick-started my gaming career, here's a link for it, including the Japanese, Swedish, Russian, Chinese and Korean versions.

As mentioned, I have already completed the game in Japanese, Swedish and Russian. I completed the Japanese version on December 1 2006 - which was just as well really, with dad surprising me by getting me the Bucky O'Hare graphic novel for Christmas that year.

No, I didn't have any airings at that time (my next airing celebration since then, was for the airings resulting in April being Airing Month) - but yes, this was one of my prime examples, of me bringing a whole new meaning to my special month being a time to be righteous.

I completed the Swedish and Russian versions (in that order) six years ago this week, for the airing celebration when we lost Grandpa Ken. I was already hosting another airing celebration, at the time when I found the ROMs on another website (which I think has since been deleted?)... but because of the obvious high priority of Bucky O'Hare, I decided these two games should be the first two achievements for my next celebration after that.

But which one to complete first, since there were two? Now, I know y'all would expect me to immediately pick the Russian one first, because of good old Zangief - but Europe are from Sweden, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks of M Bison every time I hear The Final Countdown.

I decided to take it to a vote... and the votes leaned toward the Swedish version. Some of the Swedish votes were made, because Grandpa Ken voted for it (he didn't like how, apparently, Russia was planning to revert to *in Street Fighter 2 announcer voice* USSR) - I'm guessing they felt, his vote was his last favour to his dear grandchild.

On the day after the Mute Incident anniversary, I had an announcement for airings on September 10, 12 and 15 that year - so once again, I gave my family the marching orders, to be extra vigilant for Grandpa Ken on those airing days and when I start each respective final countdown. Of course, I realise that the security was no longer necessary in this case, as of 3:45 p.m. on September 14 - but please be reassured, that the airing on September 15 was at 5 p.m., meaning the final countdown was at 5:01 p.m. the day before.

As I suspected, the people called for the Swedish flag to first fly atop of the Righteous Indignation. The flag fluttered at around a quarter or ten to midnight, signalling I had completed the game, so I raised the Russian flag right away - it too fluttering an hour or so later, at stupid o'clock in the morning the next day.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:59 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Gotta play all the versions
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:11 am
Gin
Kombatant

Species: Soul Reaper
Profession: Super Nerd

The best game version for any game would be the language that I am fluent in for me
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:02 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Gin wrote:
The best game version for any game would be the language that I am fluent in for me

True, true. But it's still sweet to give all available translations a chance, no?

Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:55 pm
Kisara
Convention seeker

Species: Human

Gin wrote:

I would only want one language unless I am trying to learn a new language

Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: