Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

It's the Ber Months!
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

With us now being in Balrog Bashing Month, may I remind you we are now at the start of what many people celebrate as the Ber Months!

The Ber Months bring the anticipation of Christmas, and of course Halloween in the meantime... which in our case means, we have to slowly increase our alertness in case Santa Claude comes to town, particularly when we 'officially' begin our Santa Claude prayers on Yoshimoto's birthday November 13.

Besides the usual needed stuff, such as Kylie Minogue Christmas music... if the arrival of my kitty Jasmine has put any of you on a Disney binge as well, then feel free to stock up on your own Disney-themed Christmas ornaments. I realise Princess Jasmine may be a popular choice, followed closely by Mulan (who was voiced by Ming-Na Wen, the Chun Li actress from the live action Street Fighter movie)... and if Sephiroth was still around, I know he'd particularly nominate anyone else featured in Kingdom Hearts!

Of course, with regard to Halloween... I would suggest Addams Family-themed candy for your trick-or-treaters, if Halloween falls during an airing celebration. Dia De Los Muertos-themed candy would also be Damme suitable, because that largely originated in Mexico (where T Hawk is from) - one of my local import candy stores sells sugar skulls, for their Halloween stock.

Otherwise, just look for any candy with a supernatural theme - my family agrees with me that, because Halloween is all about the undead, then we ought to buy spooky candy for our trick-or-treaters. No guarantees, though, if mom will make her old green slime biscuits and/or the bat burgers for our dinner...

But my lovely sister-in-law Charlotte has informed me, that another of our shops over here has started on their Halloween and even Christmas stock - she messaged me a picture of 'Cookies & Scream' Halloween biscuit treats, being sold at that shop. So when I hope to meet Gran in town tomorrow, we'll go and take a look at all of that.

As such, I looked into the Halloween stock at one of our major supermarkets - and out of their Halloween-themed bedsheets, among other options I do quite like that Hocus Pocus bedding! All together now: "Ah say ento pi alpha mabi upendi!"

Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:01 am
Alexis
Kombatant

Species: Human

When I hear Ber I think of the cold
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:10 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Alexis wrote:
When I hear Ber I think of the cold

well, my baby book says it snowed the day I was born. No, that's not why I have it snow when Vega proposes to me, and then our wedding day in my fics - I think snow has featured prominently in some winter romances across fiction, so I just couldn't resist LOL

For anyone else here born in the Ber Months, did your baby book say what the weather was like on the day when you entered the world?

Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:53 am
Last Quincy
Kombatant

Add another e and it will be beer month
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:19 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Last Quincy wrote:
Add another e and it will be beer month

Hahaha, you thinking of Oktoberfest, right? Laughing

But would the Ber Months be a big deal for you, too?

Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:41 pm
Chatot
Kombatant

Chatot
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:58 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mom has offered to take me to the Christmas warehouse shop again. If yes, then obviously it will have to be mid to late of next month - but not between October 4 and 11, as she and dad are going on vacation again.

I will only simply consider her offer, mind. I hope the new Resident Evil rubber ducks (namely, Mr X and first-mutation William Birkin) will soon be released - in which case, I can get them on EBay next month; otherwise, I will EBay for the Princess Jasmine Christmas ornament I've been after. I usually EBay for any new Halloween decorations in Hsien-Ko Month, y'know?

But also, by next month the shops will really stock Christmas and Halloween stuff. Unfortunately, my local town no longer has a music store - but there is one in another town I visit, so I hope to get the bus there and check out their Christmas and Halloween CDs and DVDs. The second-hand game shop there may have some goodies for me, too.

Fur-thermore... I know what you're thinking! Don't forget, both Blinky (October 13 2002 - April 12 2012) and Crystal (October 22 2003 - November 1 2019) had their birthdays in Hsien-Ko Month... so even if I've already received prior notice, I would certainly check around Crystal's birthday to see if I will have airings just after Halloween.

Obviously, it won't receive the same pomp and ceremony as Yoshimoto's birthday... but because my cats were born close to key points in the Ber Months, well it only feels right, no?

If yes... then just as Santa Claude would determine certain Christmas decorations, airings just after Halloween would determine one or two Halloween decorations! As well as Capcom's undead characters, such as the Resident Evil toys I already have... we'd also have to use the CastleVania version of Count Dracula, because of Van Damme (of all people!) voicing the character in that CastleVania sketch on Robot Chicken. Yes, as Vega fans, we all know there is one unacceptable undead.

...Wait, so if Soma (who took his moniker, after becoming a CastleVania fan) was still around... then does that mean he'd main Guile from now on? LOL

And of course, yes I saw a certain question which Andy asked - so because of Capcom's Marvel games, yes may I remind you Marvel-themed Christmas ornaments are also acceptable for Santa Claude, providing of course any (if not all) characters featured on the ornaments were in any of Capcom's Marvel games. Yes folks, that does mean ornaments featuring Magneto -who I main on X-Men VS Street Fighter, because Vega appears in his ending- would be Damme appropriate!

I picked up a few Marvel ornaments, when I bought those few Disney ones I had last year. None of them feature Magneto, unfortunately... but I can tell you, it's good news for the Thor fans 0:-)

Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:01 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:34 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Another thing I've been discussing with mom, is what I want for Christmas and/or my birthday from she and dad. May I remind you that, with regard to Cammy getting a mention for the Street Fighter mandate every year until my next Santa Claude visit... we're already covered, for this year - i.e. the shirt featuring Cammy as Harley Quinn (from the Streets of Gotham art collection), which Gran is getting me.

Well this year, I have my eye on the Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li hardback - I can tell you, Cammy appears near the end of the story; and if possible, maybe issue 4 of the individual comics (issue 4 is the one which shows Cammy's appearance). We can get Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li on good old EBay, and yes we plan to sort it out on Yoshimoto's birthday - but as for issue 4 of the comics, well it's a very big IF if we can EBay for it, and/or even if the Lego shop stocks it for us.

Now, I know what you're thinking! Yes, if possible -whether via EBay and/or the Lego shop- I'll see about adding any of the issues of Street Fighter Legends: Cammy to the list as well, most likely for my birthday EBaying again. Again, no promises there - we shall wait and see.

There's also this Street Fighter magazine collection, which comes with a statue of each respective characters. I would like to get one or two of the magazines (no promises about the statues) if possible, and yes Vega, Ibuki and Cammy are top of the list...

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:22 pm
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:51 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

also, mom is still keen on taking me to the Mario Party tournament on Saturday. Dunno if she'd play it herself, but she's keen on watching me.

At the same time, we can also look for potential Christmas and/or birthday presents. There's a snail mail strike going on at the moment, so I may simply put the Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li hardback and other comics on my birthday EBaying list - unless I find them at the Lego shop? And there may be one or two other items (whether or not Street Fighter merchandise) which might catch my eye, so watch this space!

But if the Lego shop sells me the Cammy VS Juri shirt I ordered, I will only put it on the present list if I cannot afford it myself - if it's a yes on that shirt, please remember it will be a Shirt of Chivalry candidate, for if the Korean Bucky O'Hare game wins the vote (the shirt I bought last month is still a candidate, for if the Chinese version wins). Other Street Fighter shirts -e.g. the fighters in their Halloween and/or Christmas costumes- would be fine, in Cammy's case I purrticularly like her Christmas costume.

And yes, especially with Cammy taking the festive spotlight for the time being... I think I will stick to the birthday EBaying again. As well as the better likelihood of finding Cammy items on EBay than in Liverpool or wherever, I can use any leftover money to buy food, as well as how I hope to do one of my grocery shopping rounds just after my birthday - in which case, I can jaunt around my local town and the other one I visit.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:09 pm
Tetsu
Kombatant

Would be unpleasant to have a strike when you are expecting packages
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:37 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Tetsu wrote:
Would be unpleasant to have a strike when you are expecting packages

True. My dad ordered a soup maker, but that too has been affected by the strike so he's still waiting for that.

But the copy of Soul Calibur 3 I ordered arrived this morning - one of my first airing gifts of this special occasion, so perfect timing I know! I had to get a new copy, after the one I bought in town froze in some of the game modes...

Yes, while still waiting for my new copy... I was at least able to make custom characters, so I made myself and some of my friends here among the ones I made. I have used broken copies of some of my games, to prep the game as little as I can while waiting for a new copy.

Now, I know one person on my 'ignore' list suggested making himself as a custom character in Soul Calibur 3, so I can beat him up therein - and I probably would take him up on that, but I dunno which of the weapons would suit him LOL

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:59 am
Limey Man
Tea and pretty cutlery

Profession: Queer

Sometimes people that go on strike make unrealistic demands and it is the customers that suffer most

Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:26 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Limey Man wrote:
Sometimes people that go on strike make unrealistic demands and it is the customers that suffer most

I realise that - including that Donut Lord, no doubt, would make a few unrealistic demands himself. I, however, would have genuine reason to go on strike...

Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:48 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

I want to see Santa Claude in the Berlin month of December
Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:51 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
I want to see Santa Claude in the Berlin month of December

Don't we all! But remember it's 'Ber', not 'Berlin' - I suggest y'all Google the 'Ber Months' terminology, you will be pleasantly surprised :-)

Though indeed... as well as our hopes for Santa Claude altogether, we can't rule out the chances of 5Action issuing a summons to Santa Claude, if my suspicions about the timing of when the channel grants me airings is indeed correct...

Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:20 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Crossing my fingers Hug
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:51 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:
Crossing my fingers Hug

You keep them crossed nice and tight, Miss Biyomon Happy

I can't guarantee, though, if any of the Final Fantasy games I bought this week as airing gifts would be pre-airing gaming achievements for Santa Claude, though; let alone Tekken 2, which I picked up along with the Final Fantasy games.

And yes, if Sephiroth was still here... I know I'd be in his good books right about now, even more so as one of the games I snapped up was Final Fantasy 7!

However, I also picked up another of those Advent calendars with books in again, along with a 13-day Advent calendar with The Nightmare Before Christmas figurines. Should Santa Claude come to town, then yes I suppose that's some of my airing gifts covered, should he arrive during that time frame Happy

Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:47 pm
Alexis
Kombatant

Exciting to be in the ber months countdown
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: