Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Shin Megami Tensei
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

With Halloween drawing near, yes I'm sure we're still playing such supernatural-themed games as the Shin Megami Tensei series. I know the Matador demon from that franchise is popular here - and because Dante (from Devil May Cry) appeared in Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne, in which I myself was introduced to the Matador... yes, this would explain about multiple Matadors being among mine and Vega's honour guard, at one fic draft of our wedding.

One prominent -and often varied- feature in the series, is something very commonly associated with the supernatural: a moon phase system. New and half moons are okay - but as always, watch out for that dreaded full moon! This usually means an event (very likely including a boss fight), or a dreaded game over if you don't meet a particular objective by then... but in games where you can fuse demons, certain fusions can only be done under the full moon.

I also remember, that a certain pair of 'ass cheeks' were very happy about what appeared to be a gay scene in the game Persona 4. Slasher, I've played that game too, doubly so because Matador is in this game - so I know exactly the scene you're talking about! In Persona 4, certain people are kidnapped and thrown into the Midnight Channel world... where they will face 'shadow' versions of themselves which reveal their deepest, darkest secrets, or at least the shadows' haywire interpretation thereof... and if they deny the shadow, it will go haywire, or it will become their own Persona power if they accept it. Some other people who are not kidnapped may also face their own shadows, upon entering the Midnight Channel; and you will know a person is kidnapped, when the Midnight Channel seems to advertise a strange TV show starring the victim, in something he or she normally doesn't seem to do.

In this case, the character Kanji Tatsumi appears to be a delinquent who is dealing with biker gangs... but as his family owns a textile shop, he actually enjoys feminine pursuits. Obviously, though... he's very wary what his peers may think of it, hence his tough guy self.

Soon enough, Kanji appears on the Midnight Channel and is subsequently kidnapped - his 'advertisement' appearing to show him in a Japanese bathhouse (good news for the E Honda fans here!), and yes the shadow appears to be and so perceives him as gay. Even as he accepts the shadow, Kanji clarifies that he fears being rejected for his preference of feminine pursuits... oh, and the 'boy' he spoke to earlier is later revealed to actually be a girl in disguise!

Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:56 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:32 am
Biyomon
Kombatant

Wonder what I can wear for Halloween
Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:54 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Biyomon wrote:
Wonder what I can wear for Halloween

You want to go as a Matador demon, don't you Happy

Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:23 am
Mod Soul
Kombatant

Also another good preairing game for Santa Claude
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:20 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Mod Soul wrote:
Also another good preairing game for Santa Claude

Well I can't promise that - again remember we still need justice for Kylie, so that needs to be taken into top-priority consideration. But maybe for other airing celebrations, if not Santa Claude?

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:19 pm
Raven
Kombatant

Species: Human

I like that matador demon Vega
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:11 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
I like that matador demon Vega

I knew someone here would Happy Would anyone cosplay as him?

Naturally, yes I have fused Matador in both of the games I have featuring him. He's one of my choice demons on Nocturne, you can have up to three demons on your team. Matador is of the Fiend race, and like all demons can only be fused once you have encountered him, in his case he is a boss fight.

Then in Persona 4, he is the Persona I have chosen for my hero. His Arcana is -what else- Death.

Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:21 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:06 pm
Zane
Hell Kaiser

Profession: Duelist
Bio: My life sucks at the moment but I am lucky to be alive...

Anything that is Vega theme is sure to come in first with you and your friends

Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:52 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Zane wrote:
Anything that is Vega theme is sure to come in first with you and your friends

But of course Happy Vega is a very dear character to us, and Jay's generosity seals the deal on this!

Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:35 am
Raven
Kombatant

I would love to if I had the costume
Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:01 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:

Would it help to research the character? That way, you'll know what material to buy, if you do cosplay as him.

Another thing about Persona 4, is that you must rescue any Midnight Channel victims before the fog sets in - that's this game's equivalent to the dreaded full moon, in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise's notorious mooning system. If you fail... then you're fucked, including that one of your friends will phone you to tell you the victim has been found dead. You'll know the fog draws near, after a few days of rain; and responsibility (for lack of a better term) aside, I like to do the dungeons at the first available opportunity, as it's all part of the fun.

One such deadline just happens to be... Christmas Eve! Again with my strong views about Christmas, Ibuki's Law would make clear that that particular dungeon must be done as soon as it's unlocked, in this case it unlocks on December 8. So get to it!

Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:04 am
Andy
Kombatant

Fun game series. Enjoy them
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Alexis
Kombatant

Raven wrote:

Me too Happy Vega Drool
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:41 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Andy wrote:
Fun game series. Enjoy them

Oh, you've played them too? They're so creepy and beautiful - I like to think of them as like the dark side of Final Fantasy...

Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:34 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Great Halloween costume ideas!
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:56 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
Great Halloween costume ideas!

OMG, the Shin Megami Tensei franchise is PACKED with great Halloween costume ideas! Not to mention, yes its Persona sub-series is precisely where I got the 'Shirt of Chivalry' airing terminology from...

The franchise's very own gun-toting Death (AKA the Reaper) has made it into 7th place, in a 'top ten Grim Reapers in games' list - and look out for the Persona 3 hero wearing his own Shirt of Chivalry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ya6S7tKHA

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:51 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Halloween is fun no matter how you celebrate
Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:07 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Neo Senshi wrote:
Halloween is fun no matter how you celebrate

True, true. In fact, there is a pumpkin/Jack-O-Lantern character called Pyro Jack in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

In Persona 3, the main character can use the same weapons as anyone but Aigis (the robot girl who was in one of my other avatars here) and Koromaru (the dog)... and I've found I work best using Akihiko's weapons, the boxing gloves. Hmmm, I could certainly give that scum Balrog a run for his money in this case! LOL and before anyone says Raul Julia Bison's line "You always hid behind your sumo and your boxer...", no there are no sumo wrestlers in the game...

But there's also good news, for the joke weapon addicts among you! Each weapon type does include joke weapons - in my case, it's the Jack's Gloves, which are gloves designed like the so-called 'Jack Brothers' Pyro Jack and the Atlus mascot Jack Frost. After seeing all the joke weapons for myself, upon taking a look at the Jack's Gloves I decided right away "That's the one!!"... but upon use thereof, weapon-wise I also found I got my best results using boxing gloves, so there you go.

Special editions of Persona 3 include the Shin Megami Tensei franchise's 'weapon fusion' option - and very likely in part because of the Jack's Gloves, some of the new weapons are inspired by other demons throughout the franchise!

Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:09 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: