Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

Vega Month!
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

January is Vega Month, in honour of our little Spanish darling! Just as I end the year with a bang, the matador we treasure so dearly begins the year so. And it feels like it's no mere coincidence, that we both have our birthdays on the 27th of our respective months!

Again, the fact that Santa Claude did not come to town for 2022 means, that Cammy will have to take the spotlight for this year's Street Fighter mandate. The Cammy binge will still have to continue!

Vega Month is also very special in my family, because my niece's birthday is this month as well! The fact that she was born on an airing day, and within the final countdown to another airing the next day certainly hasn't gone unnoticed in my family - and mom's response of "Street Fighter baby!" to this revelation resulted in me adopting the 'Street Fighter baby' terminology, for my rule of bestowing Capcom names on any new kittens etc. I have during an airing celebration.

It was also in Vega Month 2015, when I created the Street Fighter mandate! Yes, I created it because of the festive misfortune detailed in my article 'Jay Tavare's genuine kindness', in particular because of mom's sick 2015 New Year's resolution. Friend and foe alike should know, I would never have handled Grandpa Ken initially being taken ill as my family did yes, including that I would not enforce the family getting together for Christmas, I would handle it with my trademark consideration - and yes, sadly... the end-of-life care for my cat Raul (who yes I lost on, I kid you not, the one-year anniversary of my revenge on Carie) meant I had so soon gained an opportunity, to set the example I wanted to for Grandpa Ken...

And apologies that I failed to mention it in the article, but mom initiated her resolution through the shock return of another old enemy, one which she first wounded me with in contribution to the NES War (my past sorrow which began on the same day as Raul Julia's funeral): she slapped me with what I have unaffectionately dubbed a Listeria attack! Nasty, I know - it certainly added to my, let's say... blind rage, of 2015.

But the point of mom's resolution also needed to be considered, which is where the Street Fighter mandate comes in. Think of it as like gifts with meaning, to avenge/get back at yet another deadly Christmas for your leader... and, if you will, in memorial...

Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:14 pm
Tetsu
Kombatant

Species: Human

Happy New Year too
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:59 am
Raven
Kombatant

Will we get an airing in Vega month?
Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:54 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
Will we get an airing in Vega month?

I hope so. No news yet though, as my profile edit implies.

In fact, with the original Resident Evil getting the vote to be the first achievement, for when Santa Claude finally comes to town... I suppose it also only feels right, to give priority to the other Resident Evil games featuring Jill, and of course Resident Evil Survivor (the one with the Cammy poster, at a key point in the game) - that is, as these are the only as-yet-completed games I have, which inspired some of Cammy's alternate costumes? I will pick one each, to be the first achievement for my next few airing celebrations... until, of course, we're either {A} down to the last one, or {B} Santa Claude comes to town (whichever comes first). And yes, Resident Evil 2 is on that list - but on a lower priority, as Jill is only seen on a poster.

After much careful consideration, I've picked Resident Evil Survivor to go first for next time. This was actually my first airing gift, for my airings on July 6 and 10 last year - i.e. my first full airing celebration since we had to enforce the 'protected' status on Your Disco Needs You, and therefore the song's debut as the National Anthem for airing celebration.

And again, no this doesn't mean Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (the one with the Street Fighter costumes and music, including a Cammy costume for my main Jubei) will receive such an honour, due to its bittersweet ending. Hmmm... no promises, but maybe later on in any airing celebration?

Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:14 am
Gin
Kombatant

Species: Soul Reaper
Profession: Super Nerd

Tetsu wrote:
Happy New Year too

Did you get drunk on New Years Day?
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:33 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Breath of Fire 3 and issue 4 of Street Fighter X GI Joe arrived today! Happy

Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:40 am
Kisara
Convention seeker

Gin wrote:
Tetsu wrote:
Happy New Year too

Did you get drunk on New Years Day?

A lot of people did Happy

Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:43 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

In case anyone asks, yes the dreaded mute is present in Breath of Fire 3 - but as well as anti-all ailment equipment, there are cheat codes to make you immune to status ailments. There isn't any specific anti-mute equipment, so you'll just have to go for anti-all ailment.

Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:41 am
Neo Senshi
Senshi

Species: Senshi

Good thing you gave everyone the warning about the game
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:51 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Neo Senshi wrote:
Good thing you gave everyone the warning about the game

Indeed, so they can prepare all anti-mute defenses. I'm playing it right now, and yes I have booted up the anti-ailment cheats Happy

Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:19 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Today is also the six-year anniversary, of my revenge on Carie. Yes, the celebration did indeed last into early Vega Month - OMG, on the morning of the revenge day, I remember praying extra hard for my revenge (i.e. for the day to go safe and well), which obviously it did.

But yes... that also means, it's five years since we sadly had to say goodbye to my second-longest-surviving cat, Raul (May 16 2003 - January 7 2018). Wasn't he a handsome cat?

Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:35 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Happy revenge anniversary!
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:45 pm
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

White Knight wrote:
Happy revenge anniversary!

Awww, thanks Lemmy. That was quite a well-earned, fabulous revenge wasn't it?

Thunder actually had his 'operation', on the three-year anniversary of my revenge. I certainly didn't mind - this was while I still had airings coming out of my ears, so obviously we had to take care as to when to book him in, just as we previously had to be careful in letting go of Mel (of whom Thunder is successor) and then also Crystal.

My dad, in turn, took Thunder to and from the vet for his operation - though this was mainly because dad was available at the time (mom was still working, before she retired during the lockdown), rather than when he immediately volunteered to carry out the Rainbow Bridge security for Mel, because of my airings on the Grandpa Ken anniversary.

Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:23 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:58 pm
Green Ninja
Kombatant

Species: Reptile

So many pets hate going to the vet. It is as bad as going to the dentist
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:50 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Green Ninja wrote:

That's true - and for that reason, my parents no longer want me accompanying them, if our cats have vet appointments. Mom doesn't want the cats to associate me with going to the vet, bless her.

However... when dad took Mel to the vet, he had to phone me from the vet practice - just as I thought, the vet still needed to hear from me about Mel's strange illness.

And of course, when mom came to collect Yoshimoto... he was understandably clingy to me, he held on tight. He knew right away, what that cage mom was holding meant! But I carefully managed to get him off, and put him in the cage.

Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:56 am
Gin
Kombatant

Species: Soul Reaper
Profession: Super Nerd

Green Ninja wrote:

What hurts the most is your wallet
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:59 am
Raven
Kombatant

I hate the dentist. Especially if it is a cruel rude one
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:28 am
Gracia
Intoxicating Cruzader

Raven wrote:
I hate the dentist. Especially if it is a cruel rude one

Me and I think Tigggra had to blacklist two of our past dentists, for giving us a needle in the jaw? Only Tigggra's was worse - she said the needle pierced her jawbone!

Then again, my tooth in my needle-in-the-jaw case was the same one which suffered four years later, at the hands of the Mute For Coal Incident.

But my current dentist Eleanor is a good person, like she knows Liverpool is my only choice if I need tooth surgery - so I wonder what she'll think, when I tell her about little Jasmine?

Dad and I actually had dentist appointments with Eleanor, on the day after I had the announcement for my 2020 Santa Claude visit. I needed a filling replaced, and that meant the drill - but... it wasn't so bad. I explained that, I think because it is called a 'drill'... then maybe people think it might destroy the tooth if not your whole mouth, maybe even draw blood? Excuse the graphic image, but yes that would be my guess...

Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:24 am
Kisara
Convention seeker

That does sound painful. I hope it was an accident

Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:46 am

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: