Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage

'Kylie Christmas' Santa Claude tradition
Mod Soul
Kombatant

I like the holidays when it is a good one
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:46 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Location: Bison's quarters. He has granted me a private interview.

Species: Human, but with the same powers as Bison
Profession: Street Fighter Queen
Bio: Let my beauty intoxicate you :-D

Mod Soul wrote:
I like the holidays when it is a good one

As do I! Here's to hoping it's a Damme good one 0:-)

Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:02 pm
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

We need our Santa for the holidays. We need Santa Claude
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:19 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
We need our Santa for the holidays. We need Santa Claude

Yes, we need Santa Claude so we can play Kylie's Christmas album and get justice for Kylie!

Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:21 am
Mew
Mew

Species: Mew

Mew

Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:29 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Of course, yes there is also the matter of the use of Beatles Christmas tunes, and I counter them with any of Kylie's Christmas tunes (if not her Christmas concert performances of Your Disco Needs You!) - so that noble countering, I suppose, is another benefit of the 'Kylie Christmas' Santa Claude tradition. If I see a Beatles Christmas tune video on TV, I just put on YouTube and turn to Kylie - though I do realise, some Kylie tunes may occur right after a Beatles tune... so I cross that bridge whenever I come to it; and if one plays in town, well yes I again turn to YouTube when I get home... but if I can play a Kylie tune on my phone, and/or my friends in town can play one for me, then that's a bonus...

Which brings us to when Your Disco Needs You played a small comforting role, in another of my bad Christmases. When my family yet again exhibited their disturbing lack of goodwill to all men in response to my being upset at Christmas, including Donut Lord once again treating me like shit... the last thing I needed, was for the first tune to be played as soon as the Christmas Eve performance of the pantomime ended... to be Happy Christmas (War Is Over) by John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band! "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!", I know!

As well as squishing those bugs in their tracks (i.e. stop the damn music!!), another kind theatregoer had some Kylie tunes on his phone, so he gladly let me listen to her song 2 Hearts - but when I saw he also had Your Disco Needs You, well it had to be done!

My parents' stubbornness in lecturing me on the day after my birthday -including for their poor handling, in certain other troubles on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and even my own birthday- did, indeed, only add to me speaking with the man responsible for the Beatles blip... and he was very sympathetic, to my point. My own resentment of the band aside, their music (covers included) just doesn't feel right for Christmas, because of the "More popular than Jesus" scandal - which, itself, was one of the berserk buttons pushed to result in, ahem, certain events in (of all months) Deadeye Month 1980. Christmas is the celebration of His birth, so... well, yes...

Until a certain beloved mouse issued certain 'warnings', the theatre would since play Disney music for their pantomime intervals - and this was while I still had my original two cats of my own, Blinky (the one I lost just after we became anti-Balrog) and Raul! i.e. I say about my cats, yes in purrticular because of baby Jasmine - who is definitely no exception, to that the Raul line holds some form of Christmas influence.

...And yes, despite that we lost Raul in a sad irony, to cancer just like Raul Julia yes on the one-year anniversary of my revenge on Carie... him at least living to see me get my revenge also means, that he lived to see Kylie's Christmas album make its official debut. Yoshimoto and Thunder (who is successor to Mel, who in turn was Blinky's successor) both saw my second and third uses of Kylie's Christmas album, respectively in 2019 and 2020.

Jasmine, of course, will thus see my fourth use of Kylie's Christmas album!

Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:53 am
White Knight
Balrog killer

Species: Koopa

Kylies music can counter anything bad
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:06 am
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

White Knight wrote:
Kylies music can counter anything bad

Indeed so, and yes I repeatedly played her music to counter, ahem, certain spams here - in fact, her Christmas concert (the one which mom defaced) was first shown on TV in the midst of all that, so that too helped to counter the spams.

It could indeed thus also be fitting, that her Christmas album was released in addition to my creation of the Street Fighter mandate - that is, because I created the Street Fighter mandate in revenge against the bad Christmas as detailed in my article 'Jay Tavare's genuine kindness', in particular because of mom's sick 2015 New Year's resolution to *gasp* threaten to repeat the Mute Incident. First it was Jay to the rescue, and then Kylie releases a Christmas album - Raul really must be watching over me...

Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:46 am
Mew
Mew

Mew

Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:51 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

So do we have any other requests, for any of the games I have bought this year to be completed for if, hopefully, this is the year when Santa Claude next answers our prayers (remember they begin on Monday, by the way!)? They will still be lesser priority than the original Resident Evil, but all nominations will be given due consideration, if not completed should our prayers be answered.

If Soma was still here, I know he'd likely vote for CastleVania Bloodlines - or any of the other Konami games I have picked up, for that matter. No promises about the Vandal Hearts duology, especially due to the loooooong-ish methods in obtaining the respective good endings. Sunset Riders may be a very likely choice for him, too, as I bought it on Halloween itself.

But because Konami also made the classic Biker Mice SNES game, I know Soma would likely take interest in that - and Sephiroth would vote that I play as Karbunkle (i.e. because the character shares his name with multiple Final Fantasy characters)! Well no promises if I'd be Karbunkle, as thus far I'm leaning toward Modo - I've weighed out everyone's pros and cons, and Modo seems to click the most...

Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:25 pm
Biyomon
Kombatant

Only request would some of your favorite games for that special month
Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:50 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

Biyomon wrote:
Only request would some of your favorite games for that special month

Well yes Miss Biyomon, that is a good point - but as always, I am open to discussion, on if anyone wants to cast a vote for any of the ones I bought this year. Not to mention, because of my special month being so valued (i.e. as it's the month when Christmas is celebrated)... then, well, there you go 0:-)

Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:50 am
Mew
Mew

Mew

Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:37 am
Altaria
Kombatant

Altaria
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:42 pm
Gracia
Street Fighter Queen

regrettably, there still hasn't been any news. I wish someone would get off their arse, and allow me to get justice for Kylie!

However, I have been talking with Gran... and we are considering writing to Kylie (after Christmas, of course), to explain the situation and request a signed photo of her as Cammy - maybe even add a speech bubble, to make it look like Cammy is saying "Your disco needs you!" . No promises, but yes it has gotten to that point - indeed, not unlike when I prepared to avenge the original Mute Incident...

Not to mention, surely Kylie would love to hear about such things as "Van Damme, Van Damme, I hear it and I know" - in other words, that her album Tension was released on an airing day, and that she herself has joined the 'airings on a fighter's birthday' pantheon (i.e. her own birthday May 28 has previously been an airing day, as has Cammy's 'official' birthday January 6).

If it's a yes from Kylie... then indeed the photo will play its role, in certain security measures brought on by the Mute For Coal Incident. That means, for one... if I take it with me next time I need tooth surgery, then yes it must be held for me to view while I am being gassed.

Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:07 am
Mew
Mew

Mew

Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:29 pm

Reply to topic    Saikyo Chaos Realm Forum Index » Scarlet Mirage All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: